Creating a mock teacher account, with mock students, is a good idea if you're just feeling out Edulastic. You may want to see firsthand how the digital assessment app works.
When you first create a teacher account you'll notice Edulastic gives you a Demo Class for this very purpose.
Three Interim tests have already been assigned and 10 students are enrolled in this class.
Here's a quick list of tips that will help you do this without hiccups down the road:
- Our best advice is to never create a mock student account with your instructor (school) email address. If you do this, you won't be able to go back and create a teacher account using that same email.
- If you create a mock class NEVER turn that mock class into your real class.
- You don't need e-mail information to have students join your class (mock or real). An username alone will suffice.
- You also DON'T want to ask your colleagues to join your mock class as students with their school emails. Simply give them your Class Code and then ask them to create student accounts WITHOUT using an e-mail (create a unique username instead).
- Once you're comfortable with the app, you can create your real class under Manage Class and then invite all your students to join.