Creating a mock teacher account, with mock students, is a good idea if you're just feeling out Edulastic. You want to see firsthand how the digital assessment app works. When you first create a teacher account you'll notice Edulastic gives you a Demo Class for this very purpose.
Here's a quick list of tips that will help you do this without hiccups down the road:
- Our best advice is to never create a mock student account with your instructor (school) e-mail address. If you do this, you won't be able to go back and create a teacher account without our help.
- If you create a mock class NEVER turn that mock class into your real class.
- You don't need e-mail information to have students join your class (mock or real).
- You also DON'T want to ask you colleagues to join your mock class as students with their school e-mails. Simply give them your Class Code and URL--and then ask them to create student accounts WITHOUT using an e-mail (create a unique username instead).
- Once you're comfortable with the app, you can create your real class under Manage Class and then invite all your students to join.
- Lastly, it's best to have all your students signed up and on your class roster before you assign your first assessment.