*For information on editing assessment questions in assignments you have NOT used/assigned, please refer to: How to edit assessment questions in assignments you have NOT used
What's the process for editing assessment questions once they're published?
1. Navigate to Library and click on My Assessments.
Select the assessment that you want to edit.
From Assessment Details select "Edit."
*Notice that this page gives you handy information about your assignment- creation date; number of times the assignment has been used; and the Sharing Level.
2. Next, you'll notice a message (with a turquoise background) at the top of the page reading: "Information: Your changes will be available in assignments created henceforth."
This means that any of the changes you make to assessment questions here will NOT show if they're currently in an open assignment. For example, if you realize you made an error on an assessment question—after you have given students the assignment—the changes you make during this edit process will NOT be reflected in the open assignment students are taking.
The edit process, at this time, is explicitly for making changes, fixing errors, and making new versions to assign. Not for fixing errors in open assignments that students are currently working on. *If you made an error in an open assignment, consider giving students full or partial credit by manually changing their scores.
4.Click the questions that you wish to edit.
5. Click duplicate to make another copy where you'll make the edits. *Please note that if the assignment has never been used, you don't need to undertake the duplication process.
6. You're now in edit mode where you can make changes to the question. Make your changes and then click "Review."
7. Make sure to remove the old version of the assessment question from the assignment by unchecking the green checkmark box. *Note that the older version will always be at the top of the list!
8. Now your new version of the question is done and the older version is gone. Click "Publish" to Publish it.