Teachers have the ability to pause an assignment, so that at any given time they can prevent students from attempting the assignment. For instance, one scenario would be if teachers wanted to have students work on an assessment only during the class period and not at home.
Note: Teachers are only able to pause an assignment that has a status of "In Progress"
(1) In the Assignments view, teacher clicks on "Pause” in the assignment card actions
(2) A pop up dialogue box appears as shown below. Teachers need to enter the word Pause in the box and then click on Yes, Pause to confirm this step.
(3) Once paused, the status changes to “In Progress (Paused)” back in the Assignments View.
(4) When you are ready to have students resume work on the assignment, click on the "Open button.
(5) This makes the assignment available to students once again.