Reassign or “redirect” is a good feature to use if:
(1) Students were absent during the initial testing window
(2) Students have inadvertently skipped questions on the assessment and you want them the opportunity to go back in and answer those
(3) Students rushed through an assessment without giving their best effort and you want them to retake
(4) You want to give students additional practice on the assessment
When you redirect, the prior responses ARE NOT DELETED. If the students wish, they can change their responses or keep them as is. On the teacher's side, the student's cards will show grey boxes and appear as if it has not been taken yet. Redirect will allow you to see live data on the retake and will not delete their previous work unless you choose to do so.
Teachers are able to redirect an assignment any number of times. Redirect remains available even after the due date has passed.
How to Redirect
Follow these steps to redirect:
1. From the menu, select the "Assignments" tab.
2. Find the assignment in your list and click on the Live Class Board icon corresponding to the class you wish to redirect.
3. To redirect the assignment to all the students in your class, place a checkmark in the box entitled Select All. To redirect the assignment only to specific students in your class, click on the checkbox next to their names. Next, click Redirect to initiate the process.
4. This takes the teacher to a screen to confirm. Here the teacher has a few options. The teacher can:
- Edit the student selection
- Specify which questions are delivered to students, all or only skipped or incorrect
- Choose to show the student his/her previous responses and
- Choose to show student his/her correct/incorrect feedback and teacher’s comments
5. The Show Previous Attempt dropdown displays the following:
Score and Feedback
|The students see if their prior answer was correct, incorrect or partially correct, and any teacher feedback.|
Student Response and Feedback
|The students will not see if their prior answer was correct, and any teacher feedback.|
|Students will see teacher feedback.|
See Multiple Attempts
In addition, when teachers are grading the retake, the teacher can toggle through each attempt to see how a student answered from one version to the next.
To see multiple attempts, first, click on the student card.
In the right corner, the teacher can shuffle through the student's answers for each attempt.
Please note: the final attempt is the score that is recorded on Reports and Express Grader.
Best Practice: If the student’s best attempt is an earlier one, the recommendation is to manually adjust student scores in Express Grader, or redirect the assessment to the student one more time with comments indicating which changes to make.