Teachers can reassign or “redirect” an assignment that is past its due date to either the entire class or specific students using the "redirect" feature.
Redirect is a good feature to use if:
(1) Students were absent during the initial testing window
(2) Students have inadvertently skipped questions on the assessment and you want them the opportunity to go back in and answer those
(3) Students rushed through an assessment without given their best effort and you want them to retake
(4) You want to give students additional practice on the assessment
When you redirect, the prior responses from students are preserved. If the students wish, they can change their responses or keep them as is.
Teachers are able to redirect an assignment any number of times. Redirect remains available even after the due date has passed. Please note that the most recent attempt is the one that will be recorded by the system. If you wish to retain their scores from previous attempts, you should download the data for that student BEFORE you click redirect.
Follow these steps to redirect:
- Select the "Assignments" tab from the Menu.
- Find the assessment in your list and click "Responses".
- To redirect the assignment to all the students in your class, place a checkmark in the box entitled "Student Responses" (Option #1) To redirect the assignment to specific students in your class, click on the checkbox next to their names. (Option #2) Next, click on "Redirect" to initiate the process.
4. On the next page, you'll see a checkbox next to the name of the student(s) you want to redirect the assessment to. At this point, you can select additional students if you wish. Fill out the rest of the assign form(ie. assessment window) and then click "Redirect" in the upper right to finish.