Teachers often move from one school to another school, or accidentally sign up for the wrong school or district. If you find yourself in this situation, there are two ways to proceed:
Scenario 1) Do you have active classes and assignments?
If yes, email email@example.com with your request to move schools. Be sure to tell us your username and which school and district you should be in. We can migrate your classes, assessments and data but this takes several days to complete.
If you have added students but have not assigned anything, it is faster for you to archive these classes (removing them from active status) and then follow the self service steps below.
Scenario 2) If you have no active classes, complete this in seconds with self service.
To complete this self-service function, please note that you must not have any active classes in your account when you are looking to switch schools (see screenshot below).
How to change schools from your teacher account:
1. Go to the "My Profile" option under the Menu.
2. Click on Add School.
3. A pop-up box will appear and you will be asked to enter either the name or zip code of your new school. The school will then appear under "Suggested schools for you" in the drop-down list. Click on it and then Proceed. (If you cannot find your school then please click on "+ Request New School")
4. Once you have changed your school, you can remove the school which you originally chose, by clicking on the cross (x) on the school tag.
5. A pop-up box will appear and you will have to enter REMOVE in the text field and then click on Yes,Remove button.
6. Once you have changed your school, you can start creating a new class from the Manage Class page.
Once you have created the class, you can find the new school and district that you have joined listed under the class name in Manage Class.