Admins can create a common assessment from the district admin account and assign it directly to classes.
Once you are logged into your admin account:
1. Click on Create Common Assessment and select the Grade Level and Subject of the classes you would like to assign to. Then enter a name for your common assessment.
2. Start adding questions from Edulastic's Item Bank. Search for questions by using the filters on the left side. Then select questions by clicking on the box to the left of the question.
3. You may also add in questions you create yourself by clicking on the "Author New Question" button on top. Click on the Review Assessment button when you are done.
4. You can now resequence or delete questions from this page. To move questions to a new position, click on the vertical row of dots and drag it to your new desired position. To delete a question, click on the icon that has the X within a box. Click on Publish or Assign when done.
5. Now, assign the Common Assessment Directly to Classes. From the drop down menus, pick the grade and subject you would like to assign the common assessment to. Then pick the classes you would like to assign to. You may either Select All or pick and choose classes from specific schools.
6. Next, set the Assessment Window and other Options, then Click Assign.
Please note that the default option is to allow teachers to manually open the assessment in class. That means, they can dictate when the assessment becomes available based on their instructional schedule. If you want the common assessment to be open immediately, please select "Automatically on Start Date" from the drop down menu.
7. Once you click Assign, the next screen will confirm the class(es) to which you have assigned the common assessment. Students will now be able to start working on the assessment either immediately or when their teacher opens the assessment for them to start taking.
8. Common Assessments can be monitored by the district admin once assigned to classes and upon completion of assessments, you, as the district admin, will release the grades.