Co-authoring is a PREMIUM collaboration feature available on Edulastic where teachers or admins can share an assessment with others in their district for joint editing purposes. This allows teachers to collaborate on a shared assessment. Here are the steps detailing how the co-author feature works:
1. Create an assessment which you want to share with other teachers, district admins or school admins in your district for collaboration. Move to the review tab and select the share icon.
2. If you have saved it as a draft, you can find the assessment in the "Test" tab in the gray navigation bar. Search under "Authored by me." Make sure that the filters are set accordingly.
3. When you click on the assessment, a popup appears. Select Edit.
4. Clicking on Edit will take you to the Review page where you will get an option to "Share." Please click on it.
4. Clicking on Share will give you a pop-up screen as shown below where you can enter the name or email id of the users (teacher/SA/DA) to share the assessment with. Please type in the name or email id of any user (teacher/SA/DA) within your district and select them from the drop-down list. After this, select your preferred permission from the dropdown menu.
If you select "Can Edit, Add/Remove Items," it will appear under the "I am a co-author" tab for the person you're sharing this assessment with.
However, if you select "Can View & Duplicate," it will appear under the "Shared with me" tab for the person you're sharing this assessment with.
Click on the Share button below that, once you're done selecting either of the above mentioned options.
5. Your assessment is open for collaboration now. You can see the name of any co-authors as shown in the screenshot below:
Once the assessment is sent for collaboration, the users (teacher/SA/DA) added as being able to Edit, Add/Remove Items can find it in the Assessment Library under the "I am a Co-Author" button. They can click on the assessment and add, edit, remove or reorder questions as they wish using the Edit button.